3. READY REFERENCE
b. Handbooks / Manuals
Handbook -a treatise on a specific subject; often nowadays a simple but all?embracing treatment, containing concise information, and being Small enough to be held in the ?hand; but strictly, a book written primarily for practitioners and serving for constant revision or reference.
Compendium - a brief summary of a larger work or a field of knowledge. (Katz)
Classification of Handbooks
2) literary- this deals with allusions identification of plots,
3) statistics - this covers statistical information on population, finance, education, business and industry.
4) documentary - this gives exact wording of rules, regulations, laws, decisions, and documents.
5) parliamentary and debate - information regarding questions conducting meetings, supporting arguments, participation in debates are included here.
6) specific subject - facts relating to subject areas like government, education, history, geography, sports, science and technology.
Us | Staff
-contact web administrator-
Reproduction of material from any G7to10eLib.net pages without written permission is strictly prohibited.
©2003 G7to10 eLib.